Enema is the method of flushing out waste from the colon. What’s interesting about the large intestine is that it can hold up to 10 pounds of waste at a time.
A clear Enema definition is the injection of fluid into the lower bowl through the use of the rectum.
Enema is sometimes spelled ‘enima’ as well, depending on where you’re from.
The injection of fluid into the rectum thus causes evacuation of waste and toxins.
Although this sounds scary for most people, enema flush is relatively safe and easy to do, even at home.
The water the filters through your colon stimulates peristalsis through the full length of the colon.
Peristalsis is the involuntary constriction and relaxation of the muscles of the intestine and other surrounding canals.
This process helps the body by not allowing the waste and toxins to be circulating throughout the entire body including vital organs and the brain.
This then creates wavelike contractions that help push the content of the canal out.
This process ends up cleaning out the whole colon including the rectal or sigmoid areas, which happens to be the “S” end of the rectum. This “S” shape is called the sigmoid colon.
When stool reaches this part of the colon majority of nutrients have been absorbed back into the blood stream.
Stool that reaches the rectum or “S” shaped region have high toxic quality’s that make evacuation mandatory.
This is where the trouble begins for most people.
The circulatory system acts to enable toxins to be sent directly to the liver for detoxification. This is due to the veins that allow a straight connection to the liver.
Due to horrible evacuation and build up toxic waste in the rectum, constipation and lack of waste removal tends to cause many complications and diseases.
This is why it is recommended to empty the rectum whenever it carriers toxins and waste.
For this reason enema has long been recommended for people who suffer with extreme constipation.
The main function of the colon is the absorption of food and nutrients as well as the removal of waste and toxins. For this reason waste in the colon and large intestines can have implications such as:
- Loss of Appetite
- Stomach Pain
- Weight Problems
- Difficulty in Concentration
Also read: Castor Oil Uses
What is Coffee Enema?
Coffee enema is used as a very strong detoxification compound that gets absorbed by the system sending it directly to the liver. In fact coffee enema is the enema procedure of injecting coffee into the anus or rectum. This further helps to clean out of the large intestine.
Once coffee enema is sent to the liver it is used as a potent element to help detoxification as well as helping the liver make more bile.
Coffee enema further helps the liver by giving it more room and space to handle incoming toxic materials in the organs, tissue, and bloodstream.
Coffee enema also contains strong enzymes as well as alkaloids, which stimulate the production of glutathione S-transferase.
Glutathione is vitally important because it is one of the main conjugation chemicals that allow toxins removal through the bile and small intestine. Glutathione S-transferase binds itself to toxins helping to flush out with the rest of the coffee.
The enzymes in coffee enema help the detox pathways of the liver run more effectively.
The basic concept of coffee enema benefits is to allow the body to speed up the detoxification process. This ultimately helps coffee enema minimize the buildup of yet to be detoxified waste.
Coffee Enema Benefits
It’s very important for our bodies to have a detoxification ever so often. Everyday were dealing with toxins that enter our bodies from home, work, products, food, water, and even the air we breathe.
Coffee enema just happens to be a great source of detoxification on its own. Here are some of the Coffee Enema Benefits.
- Coffee enema helps clean out the colon as well as improving the peristalsis.
- Coffee enema also reduces levels of toxicity within the body by up to 600%.
- Coffee enema helps increase energy levels, clarity, and mood.
- Coffee enema also helps depression, sluggishness, and mood.
- Coffee enema helps with the elimination of parasites and candida.
- Coffee enema also helps detoxify the liver, as well as improve liver function.
- Coffee enema improves digestion, bloating, and bile flow.
- Coffee enema also helps detox reactions from cleanses and juices
For people who are concerned about the caffeine in coffee not to worry, as the coffee enema enters through your anus, going straight to the liver.
Also read: Honey and Cinnamon Benefits
Coffee Enema Procedure
Coffee Enema Supplies:
- 1 large stainless steel cooking pot.
- Organic coffee fully caffeinated.
- Uncontaminated water.
- Enema bag or bucket.
The first thing you will need in a coffee enema flush is an enema kit. You can order the enema kits online.
The best type of coffee to use is organic coffee beans, as they will have more detoxification benefits.
The ideal times to do a coffee enema is usually in the morning after bowel movements, but don’t let that stop you if your having constipation.
- Put 1 quart of clean water in a pan and bring it to a boil.
- Add 2 tablespoons of coffee or amount that you were told.
- Let boiling continue for another 5 minute.
- Bring the water down to a cool point. You should be able to touch the water.
- Try and keep the water cool to warm, as hot water is not as safe to the body.
- Carry your pan or pot and place it on the floor with a towel underneath.
- Next pour the coffee from the pan into the enema bucket.
- Place enema bag in the sink with catheter clamped closed.
- Pour the coffee into the enima bag while loosening the clamp to allow coffee to run through the end tip of the catheter, close the tip back again when all air is gone from the enema tubing.
- Use a coat hanger to hang the enima bag at least two feet above the floor. You can use a door knob for an example.
- Place the bucket on a chair, shelf, or can also be held. You should be able to get a slow consistent flow, not a high forced flow.
- Lie down on the floor on your back or right side and gently insert the catheter. Lubrication can be used as needed.
- Gently insert the catheter about two to three inches inside your rectum, and release the clamp, letting in about ½ quart of the coffee enema. When you feel fullness or discomfort clamp the catheter back down.
- Make sure not to change positions, as this would defeat the purpose of this type of enema.
- You should aim to retain the coffee enema for about 15 minutes. The goal is to use ½ cup then the other ½ cup of coffee enema to try and stimulate two enemas.
- After the session, make sure to clean up and wash the bag, you can let it hang to dry.
Always discontinue use if you experience adverse reaction, and discuss it with your Doctor. If you find coffee enima helpful, avoid using it more then once a day.
Also read: MCT Oil Benefits
What is Barium Enema?
A barium enema is an X-ray exam that detects changes or abnormalities within the large intestine. Barium enema can also be referred to as colon X-ray.
What different about barium enema is that it uses barium which is a liquid that contains metallic substances that coats the lining of the colon.
Since normally an X-ray produces poor image of the soft tissues, Barium Enema results in a clear silhouette of the colon.
Since it coats the colon the barium liquid is what allow for a much clearer picture.
Before the start of barium enema, most Doctors will ask to have your colon cleared out, making for better results.
Barium Enema can be great for individuals who have problems with:
- Rectal Bleeding
- Abdominal Pain
- Changes in Bowel Movement
- Unexplained Weight Loss
- Persistent Constipation
- Chronic Diarrhea
What barium enema does is allow Doctor’s to be able to detect conditions such as abnormal growth, inflammatory bowl disease, as well as poor toxic waste removal.
Barium enema can pose certain risk for certain people through out the exam.
Those complications of barium enema exam may include: Obstruction of gastrointestinal tract.
Inflammation of tissues surrounding the colon can also be risk. Barium enema can also cause a tear in the colon wall.
Barium enema can also cause an allergic reaction for those who are allergic. Since x-rays pose a risk to pregnancy it is generally not done.
Before a barium enema examination you will be told to clear and empty out your colon.
The reason for this is that any residue that isn’t cleaned out can cause obscure x-ray images.
In order to empty your colon for a barium enema examination you can,
- Follow a diet the day before an exam. This can be done by not eating any foods, and only drinking clear liquids such as tea, coffee without milk, as well as carbonated drinks.
- You can also take a laxative the day before the exam. A laxative will help empty the colon.
- Fasting after midnight. Chances are that you will be asked to not consume any foods or liquids after midnight.
- You can also use an enema kit the night before. In fact sometimes you might actually need to perfume an enema the night before the exam. The enema kit will help remove any residue in your colon.
Also read: How to Get Rid of Nausea
What to expect during a Barium Enema Exam?
You can expect to remove jewelry, eye wear, dental devices, and place on a gown.
A radiology technician, and a physician who specializes in reading diagnostic imaging will perform the barium enema exam.
When the exam begins you be told to lie on your side on top of a specifically designed enema procedure table.
Then a lubricated enema tube will be inserted a few inches into your rectum. Once the enema tube is inserted a barium enema bag will be connected to the tube to deliver barium solution into your system.
In certain cases you might also an air-contrast barium enema, which allows air flow through the same tube into your rectum.
The reason for this is that it allows more air into your colon for a better x-ray. As your colon fills with barium enema you might feel the urge to have a bowl movement, as well as experience abdominal cramping.
Do your best to hold the enema tube in place by taking slow deep breaths, and try to relax.
You might also be asked to turn and hold different positions throughout the barium exam.
A number of x-rays will be taken of your colon, as well as from different angles. Barium enema examinations will tend to last from 30 to 60 minutes.
After the exam is done, the barium enema will be removed from your colon through the enema tube.
Once the tube is removed you will be able to use the bathroom expel any additional barium and air.
Once you have removed barium from your system, you can usually return to your normal diet and activity’s.
Throughout the next few days you might experience white stools, as this is a sign that your body is removing the last remains of barium from your colon.
Since barium might cause constipation, you may find help in reducing the risk of constipation through drinking more fluids.
You can also try a laxative to help with any constipation issues.
Results of Barium Enema
There are only two results that can be seen after a barium enema exam. A negative result in a Barium enema exam means that there was no abnormalities found within the colon.
A positive barium enema result is determined when abnormalities are detected with your colon.
Depending on the results, additional testing may be required such as a colonoscopy. The results can also mean that a biopsied or removal might be necessary.
If the qualities of a barium enema examination are not clear, you might need to redo a barium enema.
Fleets enema is a medication that is used to relieve occasional constipation. Fleet enema is also known as sodium phosphate and sodium biphosphate, which is a naturally occurring substance in the body.
These chemicals play an important role in every cell of the body. Sodium phosphate enema also known as fleets enema is a combination medicine used for children and adults to constipation, as well clean colon before surgeries and examinations.
Sodium phosphate and sodium biphosphate can also be used for purposes not listed here.
Fleets enema side effects can also range from allergic reaction, difficulty breathing, and hives. Although these side effects are rare, make sure to consult a physician before starting a fleets enema flush.
Searching for milk enema can produce its own problems for many people. So I went on to collect as much information possible on milk enema.
A milk enema supplies the body with calcium and also helps to flush out the colon. Milk enema is just another form of enema procedure that you can used to flush out the colon.
The procedure for a milk enema is just the same as a regular enema; the only difference is that the solution is milk enema instead. Milk enema is usually used to treat constipation as well as severe constipation.
Milk enema is much stronger then laxatives, so if you’re having mild symptoms of constipation, you might want to try other forms of laxatives first.
Also read: Emu Oil Benefits
Enema for Constipation
As mentioned throughout this article enema for constipation is one of the best things about enema in general.
Since enema is usually used for last resort treatment of constipation, checking other forms of laxatives might be of benefit at first.
Although enema for constipation can provide relief, potential strong side effects should be cautioned against.
Enema for constipation as well as fleet enema treats constipation by introducing fluids into the rectum via enema bag. The liquid softens the impacted stool, while the enema tube loosened the rectum for complete flush.
The rectum happens to follow the “S” shaped of the intestines at the end, which makes loosening of the rectum ideal for constipation relief.
This combination of enema for constipation acts to stimulate bowl movement in the large intestine.
All forms of enema for constipation use water and a blend of substances in order to dissolve impacted stool.
What is the most common enema for constipation?
- Milk Enema. With a combination of whole milk and molasses, milk enema can be created. The sugars in the enema help stay in the intestines, which further loosens the stool.
- Fleets Enema. Fleets enema is the brand name of an enema that uses sodium phosphate salt to help clear the intestines. In fact, fleets enema for constipation is considered one of the most powerful enemas available for constipation. Fleets enema also comes in a disposable bag and nozzle, which makes it one of the most convenient enemas available in the market since no other tools are required.
- Mineral Oil Enema. When it comes to mineral oil enema the best uses are for lubricating the bowls of the intestines. Lubrication of the intestines via mineral oil enema helps to loosen and push waste out of the colon.
- Saline Solution Enema. Although the set up of saline solution enema require a few different tools, saline solutions tend to be a milder form of enema. The most common combination of saline solution enema is two teaspoons of salt in a quart of warm distilled water.
Since enemas can cause certain problems as well as dehydration, overuse of enemas can cause health problems.
The consistent use of enima has also lead to an imbalance of electrolytes in the body also known as “hyponatremia,” in which blood becomes diluted as well as salt content.
In most cases hyponatermia can lead to complications such as muscle spasms, and swelling of the brain.
In other causes however the overuse of phosphate enemas has caused an elevation of phosphate salts in the blood.
Aside from the side effects, enemas can be a great tool not only for constipation but overall detoxification. The positive effects enema has on our bodies far outweigh the problems it can cause.
From elevated moods, to treatment of depression, enema flushes can help treat multiple issues all from the release of toxic build up and waste.
Try enema today and leave a response with your experiences. We would love to get feedback from our readers.